Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Great Achievement!

I feel like I'm always blogging about what is new with me so I wanted to write about what Luke has been up to lately. A couple of weeks ago Luke had to argue in an Appellate Argument Competition amongst all second-year law students. He made the first cut from 275 students to only sixteen! A few days later he argued in a second round & made it to the great eight. The very next morning he argued his case and found out that night that he had made it to the final four! On April 2nd he and three other students competed in the Top Oral Advocate Competition that was held at the Federal Courthouse downtown. They presented their arguments in front of three real judges. It was so much fun to watch him but I was so nervous the whole time! I think I was more nervous watching him argue than I ever was watching him play basketball! He didn't take first place, but he did a great job! It is his greatest achievement in Law School thus far. They had a reception for them afterwards & then treated us all to a really nice dinner at Esquire Grill downtown. I am so proud of Luke for working so hard and excelling in school!

4 comments:

Christy said...

That is awesome! Way to go Luke!

Ashley said...

Way to go Luke!! Kirk was so excited and impressed that you made it to the final four! Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome man you married, Amber. We are so proud of Luke, too!

Kristyn said...

Way to go Luke! We weren't surprised at all that you did that well. Keep up the great work.