Sunday, April 26, 2009

Austin's First Week

I can't believe our little guy is already a week old! Everyone says that when you see your baby for the first time it is instant love. That statement is so true! I can't believe how much we love him! Bringing him home from the hospital was so exciting, but scary at the same time. I cried the whole way home! Fortunately, my mom was here to help. She came out on the 8th of April and was with us until yesterday. We loved having her here. It made me confident bringing him home because she is so good with babies! Austin is such a good baby. We just can't get enough of him. My favorite time with him is in the middle of the night, right after he eats, his eyes are wide open just looking around while I rock him. This is when he will pull the funniest faces & I just love kissing his little lips! We are so happy to finally have him here & can't imagine life without him!








8 comments:

Justin and Liz said...

I am so happy for you two!!!!! I am so happy your mom was there!
He sure is a cutie! He is so tiny! He looks so small in that car seat!
Love ya!!!!

Anonymous said...

He is adorable! I just want to kiss on him!I cant beieve his clothes fit so good.keep posting pictures we love to see him!!!

Christy said...

He is just beautiful! Hang in there and enjoy every moment. Pretty soon he will be reprogramming your TiVo. We are just thrilled for you!

The O'Neils said...

Austin is so cute! Having your mom there must have been wonderful. It's great to cherish those sweet moments with your little guy. Congrats again!

Kristyn said...

He is SO cute!! I'm so glad your mom was able to be there for the first week. Hope you are able to get some sleep and are feeling good.

Anonymous said...

oh he is sooooo cute. I think he looks like Luke when he was a baby. Luke wasn't quite that big.

Hope you all are doing great! I'm so glad that your mom was there for you.

Anonymous said...

I love how little newborns look in their car seats! I can't believe they start out so little! Those pictures of him make me want another one, not too soon though! I'm so glad you are enjoying being a mom!

Nancy said...

Oh I just LOVE the pictures! You guys all look so happy. I just love the way you put all the recent pictures on this blog and are keeping us informed!!! Austin is so adorable! I just want to hold him!!! I love you guys. You are sure special. Love Aunt Nancy