Monday, April 20, 2009

Austin Luke is Here!!

He's finally here! On Thursday afternoon I started having contractions so we went to the hospital at 7:00 thinking it was time. They checked me out and I was only dilated to a 1 so they sent me home. I was so upset! I was in so much pain that I thought for sure it was time. Little did I know that the pain gets worse! We came home and I continued having contractions all through the night. I had a doctors appointment scheduled for Friday morning. When I got there she checked me out & I was dilated to a 4 so we headed straight for the hospital! I got an epidural at 12:30 & was in zero pain a few minutes later! The epidural was heaven sent! I don't know how any one has a baby naturally! I was watching T.V., visiting with my mom & Luke, & sleeping during labor. It was great! It took me until 10:00 p.m. to dial ate to a 10. When it was time to push I only had to push for 20 minutes! Austin was born at 10:30 p.m. on April 17th. He was 8 lbs. 8 oz. & 21 1/4 inches long. Giving birth is truly a miracle & I am loving every second of being a new mom!




12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations!!!! I have been thinking about you lots this past week. Glad things went well. He's a cutie!

THE IVERSON"S said...

Oh my GOSH amber!! He is soo cute! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for the both of you! I cfan't wait to meet him!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy everything went well. I am so jealous that your epidural actually worked! Mine didn't and everyone thought I was being a huge wimp until they realized that I wasn't faking! He is such a cute little guy!

Kristyn said...

Congratulations again!! He is so darling. I can't tell yet who he looks like. How are things going? Hope you are doing well! Can't wait to meet him!!

Justin and Liz said...

HOLY CRAP! He is so freakin cute! I am so excited for you two and I am in tears! I am so happy you are enjoying every minute! It just gets funner every day! I love you and sure wish I could hold your little guy! and then when he cries, give him to you! That is the beauty borrowing peoples kids.:)
Love ya!!!

Minchey family said...

Congratulations to the both of you. I am so happy that all went well. He is so I would say cute but Boe and Kyler would give me a hard time they say that boys are handsome not cute so he is so handsome. Being a parent is a joy. Congratulations again.

Christy said...

Congatulations!!!! He is adorable. We are thrilled for the both of you.

Ashley said...

Hey guys! He is such a handsome little boy! Kade is excited to have his little play buddy here. Amber, you looked so good at the hospital after having Austin. Let me know if you need ANYTHING!

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh, He is so.........adorable. Congratulations to ALL OF YOU! You will be great parents, I am sure. Also Luke congratulations on the cases you did.
We love you and are anxious to meet little Austin soon. Love for all. Aunt Nancy

Bryce and Kella Allfrey said...

Yay! I am so glad you finally had him!! He's so cute and I'm glad everything went well for you!!

Jen and Mark said...

Oh he is so cute! I am glad labor went good! I think people are crazy too who don't get an epidural. We can't wait to meet him! Congrats!

The O'Neils said...

Congrats! You will be a wonderful mom! It's great to see your family grow!