This Halloween was so much fun! We usually wait until the last minute to find costumes, but this year we lucked out. We spotted Barkley's costume first and thought it would be funny if Austin went as a monkey. When we found Austin's costume in the store we put it on him and had him look in the mirror. He smiled way big and started making monkey sounds!
haha.


The back side

Our cute banana

Best buds

I took Austin into Luke's work on Friday to trick or treat.

Playing in dad's office chair

There was a Trunk or Treat at the church on Friday night. It was so fun! Austin's favorite game was playing basketball. I wonder where he gets that from? ;)


He knew just what to do with the ball. He didn't ever try to throw the ball and make a basket, he got right to the dunking!

Austin waving to the cute girl in our ward in charge of the bean bag toss.

Dad helping Austin at the fish pond.

So, I have an inside joke with some of my family and friends. I love Jack Handy's deep thoughts from Saturday Night Live. This is one of favorites: "Sometimes when I feel like killing someone, I do a little trick to calm myself down. I'll go over to the person's house and ring the doorbell. When the person comes to the door, I'm gone, but you know what I've left on the porch? A jack-o-lantern with a knife stuck in the side of it's head with a note that says, "You." After that I usually feel a lot better and no harm done." It makes me laugh every time! So, this is what our carved pumpkin looked like this year.

We went trick or treating with Stella and my friend Corrine's kiddos. She lives in a nice neighborhood in Elk Grove so we walked door to door. I wasn't sure how Austin would do because it was his first time trick or treating. He had so much fun! He caught on pretty quick. He is so friendly and just loves everyone. He even tried to walk into a couple of houses! He and Barkley's duo costumes were quite the hit. One awesome lady even gave Barkley a piece of jerky. It made his whole night!

Luke helping Austin walk up to the door.
4 comments:
Oh my heavens Amber, Love the monkey costume and what a cute bannana Barkley makes..sure he didn't like it on though. :) Love that Austin loved it this year, it's always fun when they get into it and he kept his head piece on, Sav would not keep her's on. Way cute pictures and it sounds like it was an awesome Halloween!
That is the cutest little monkey and best looking banana that I have ever seen. What cuties!
Amber, I just love how you keep this blog up. It is always nice to get on here and see the amazing progress you and your little family is making. What a great family you are!!! I love looking at all the pictures you put on here. I just love to read about your life. Austin and Barkley were so.......cute for Halloween. Love you much. Aunt Nancy
So cute!! Love it!! :)
Post a Comment