Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Birthday weekend!

My birthday landed on a Sunday this year so we celebrated all weekend long!


My parents sent me this yummy edible arrangement on Friday. It was so good! It's an arrangement made out of fruit instead of flowers.


I think Austin ate most of it ;)


Luke took me out on a date Friday night while our awesome friend Stella watched Austin & Barkley.


We pass through this cute little town of Auburn every time we drive to Utah, and every time we pass by it I have said how I would love to go there. So, Luke took me on a date to Auburn. :)


We ate at the Alehouse Brewery & I highly recommend it! They have the best sweet potato fries! After dinner we walked around Old Town & got hot chocolate at a cute little dessert shop. Luke & I don't get a lot of opportunities to go out just the two of us, so it was so much fun to just sit & talk & enjoy the scenery!


Stella had us over for dinner on Sunday night. She made Cobb Salad for dinner, which is my favorite! She also made me a birthday cake! (I love the look on Austin's face!)


She made a homemade red velvet cake! It was delicious! Growing up, my mom used to make me red velvet cake for my birthday. I haven't lived close to home in quite some time & last year for my birthday I made my own red velvet cake from a box. It was a sorry excuse for a cake. ;) It didn't taste even close to my mom's recipe. Stella got my mom's recipe from my sister & made me a cake. It turned out perfect!


My friend Stella & me. I am so thankful to have such a great friend that knows me so well!


My friend Jo Lynn, her husband Casey, & their daughter Savannah came over to visit us for my birthday on Monday. She is 8 1/2 months pregnant. Doesn't she look awesome?! I'm pretty sure I was wearing Luke's sweats & didn't want to leave the house when I was that far along! lol!


She made me a homemade cheesecake for my birthday! It was so good & even had peanut butter oreos on top!

I am so thankful to have such great friends & family in my life. I had an awesome birthday this year. It's the little things that made it
so special.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Wish we were there to help you celebrate!! Happy Birthday!! :)

Jo Lynn said...

Glad you had such a great Birthday and wow that red velvet cake look awesome!!! Can't believe I'm on your blog looking HUGE, but I guess I'll forgive ya! LOL So happy we could celebrate and can't wait to go get peds together! Love ya

Anonymous said...

OK I am totally jealous of all that yummy food you got! The date looks so fun and romantic! I love those days! Congrats and next year I hope we can celebrate your BIG day together!!!Love ya

Elizabeth said...

It looks like you had a fabulous birthday! How sweet of Stella to call your sister to get your mom's cake recipe -- what an awesome friend! And I'm salivating over that fruit basket too. Yum!