Luke took the California Bar Exam in July and had to wait until Friday, November 19, 2010 to find out if he passed or not. He felt really good about how he did on the test and felt confident that he passed until Friday. It was a gloomy, rainy day; the kind of day that is very fitting for bad news. His boss & co-workers took him to lunch Friday to try to keep his mind off of worrying if he passed or not. He got home a little after 5 o'clock and we watched the clock slowly tick by. The closer it got to 6:00, the more nervous we both got!

This is Luke trying to log onto to the website that had the results. The results weren't available until 6:00 pm.

His nerves were getting the best of him & his hand was shaking while he entered in his info.

He passed!!!! I love the smile on his face! So happy & finally relieved!

I made this cake for Luke & it didn't turn out at all like I wanted it to. In my head it looked way more professional. :) Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right?

Right after Luke found out that he passed, his boss stopped by to congratulate him & brought me some flowers. That was so thoughtful! Everyone at his firm is so great. Luke really enjoys working there.

To celebrate, I surprised Luke with a room at this hotel. It's located right along the Sacramento River. Stella babysat the boys so we could stay over night. What would we do without her?

In our hotel room

The view of the balcony from our room

View from our balcony
5 comments:
Way to go LUKE! We are so thrilled for you. AND we are glad that you could get away to celebrate.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY for Luke!!!
He worked hard to get the big results! You both have sacrificed alot and we are so proud of you guys!
Woohoo!!! Congrats to you both!! You are such a good wife! What a clever idea to sneak away to celebrate!! Congrats again and miss ya!
Congrats!! You'll be so glad you photographed Luke learning his results. Russ filmed me opening my CPA results, even though I didn't want him to because I was scared I didn't pass. But I was glad that he captured that moment on camera since I the results were good :)
well I'm SO happy for Luke that he passed!! on the other hand sad, because this means you'll be living out there for a few more years. :( you are the best Wife ever!
Post a Comment