Thursday, June 9, 2011

Our New House!

After nearly six years as apartment dwellers, Luke & I bought our first house! As exciting as it has been, it was a little sad to leave our apartment. We lived there for four years and have many memories there. I got a little emotional during our last night there because that is where Austin was born & that is what he knew as home. That being said, we are so excited to have a little more space & to finally have a backyard for Barkley & Austin.

Luke's parents drove out to help us move & we couldn't have done it without them! They were here for four days & I don't think they took a break the entire time they were here. We are so new at this house stuff that it was so nice to have them here to help us get settled in & to give us house advice. We're so thankful for them & for our friends that worked so hard to help us. It has been so fun working on projects around the house & in the yard & making it our own. Our spare time & weekends have been filled with trips to Home Depot & working on the house, but we have loved every minute of it! Now that we have an extra room, we are looking forward to having visitors anytime!


Luke & his dad loading up the U-Haul at our apartment.


Unloading at our new house


Our new house!




Grandma Twyla keeping Austin entertained.


Luke mowing the lawn in our backyard for the first time.


Luke & his dad hanging blinds in Austin's room.


This is the "before" picture of the palm tree in our front yard.


Luke decided to trim it up & it looks so much better!


The "after" picture.


A few pictures of our backyard:







We love to see how happy Austin & Barkley are playing in their backyard. Austin loves to be outside, but prefers Barkley to be out there with him. He'll come to the door & ask for Barkley to go outside with him.


 He loves playing on his new slide!




The landing is Barkley's favorite spot to lay in the house.


8 comments:

Christy said...

Wahoo! Congratulations! Too bad it isn't located in Utah *for us anyway* but it looks so nice and we are thrilled for you!

Ashley said...

Yay!! I was waiting for this post! The house looks awesome Amber!! You better be serious about the visitors offer!! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!LOVE the yard, your new home is BEAUTIFUL!!! and we do wish it was in Utah, but very happy for you guys!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! What a fabulous home -- the backyard is gorgeous!!! It will be so nice for you to not have to worry about your neighbors when your baby is crying! However, buying a house in CA makes things a little more permanent...and I had my hopes up for a move to Utah since Luke passed the bar here.... :)

Shannon Heugly said...

It is beautiful! I can't wait until we can come and stay with you! It is really fun and rewarding to work on "house" projects. Keep up the good work! We miss you guys.

Jo Lynn said...

Oh my heavens I'm so in love with your back yard!!!! When are we coming over??? We miss you guys! Sooo cute Amber, yeah!!

Anonymous said...

The yard and house look fantastic! You guys are doing great work on your new place. Next home-UTAH!

Nancy said...

I LOVE the whole idea that you guys own your own place in CA. I love the looks of both the inside and out. You are so creative...
I can hardly wait to come visit again. You are doing such a great job raising Autin and progressing with your life.
I love and miss you so much.