Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Austin's New Room

Austin is growing up too fast! He was still sleeping in a crib up until last Wednesday when his new bed got delivered! Luke went out last weekend & picked out Austin's new bed all by himself. He did an awesome job. We love it! I have been dreading making the transition to a twin bed because I was totally expecting at least a month of him continually getting out of bed & not going to sleep. With the new baby coming in a couple of months, we decided that it was time for Austin to finally start sleeping in a bed. The first night we put him in his new bed he was jumping on the bed saying, "He's so excited!" We attached a bed rail so that he wouldn't fall out. We kissed him goodnight & left his room. He got sad & started to cry & came out of his room. It was exactly what we had expected. The second time we put him to bed, we didn't hear a peep the rest of the night. Ever since then he has went to bed with no problems! We were totally shocked. He still hasn't figured out that he can come out of his room when he wakes up. He sits in his bed until we come & get him. I thought about telling him that he can come downstairs when he wakes up, but I think we like the way it is for now! :)


His new big boy bed! The first night we put him in his bed he said, "Hey! Where did all the polka dots go?" His nursery was decorated in brown & blue polka dots.





Austin has loved any type of ball since he was born so I was excited to decorate his room in a sports theme.


I made this growth chart for him a while ago & now it looks perfect in his new room.


 I made these letters to match his new room.





He loves his new bed!


Snuggling with his puppy.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new bed and that sweet big boy!

Bryce and Kella Allfrey said...

His room turned out so cute!! I can't believe how big he's getting!! Great job :)

Ashley said...

Love his new room Amber!! You did such a great job! Yeah, Kade was the same way for awhile- he would wait in his bed too. But, once he figured it out he would come out of his room all the time. We put a baby gate up in his doorway at night to keep him from roaming the house while we are sleeping (just in case).

Jo Lynn said...

Love the new room and can I say lucky with him getting out once..geez! How did you make those letters, can't wait to see everything on Sunday! Way cute!