Friday, June 17, 2011

Las Vegas

We usually get together with Luke's family for a vacation every summer & this year we went to Las Vegas. We all met in St. George on Friday night & went to see the show "The Little Mermaid" at Tuacahn Amphitheatre. It was our first time seeing a show there & it was so fun! The Little Mermaid has always been one of my favorite Disney movies. The cast put on an amazing show. Austin loved Scuttle & the little frogs that sing "Kiss the Girl." On Saturday morning we went to a family reunion with Danny's side of the family. His sister lives in La Verkin which is just outside of St. George. They have a huge yard, so it was the perfect place for all of us to get together. Later that afternoon we headed to Las Vegas to a place called "Tahiti Village." It's a hotel with a couple of swimming pools that are perfect for kids. One of the main pools even has a sandy beach in the shallow end. It is always so much fun to get together with family. Austin is so social & loves to play with his cousins. He talks about them non-stop. We all had a great time & look forward to the next time we can all get together.

 Austin playing volleyball with his daddy


Sitting by the pool at the family reunion with his cousin Jaron


 Playing Ring Around the Rosie with his cousins on the balcony


 Sitting next to the hot tub with Anna & Maya


 Playing in the sand


 Swimming with dad




 Coloring with Ellie & Maya


 Showing Grandpa Danny & Grandma Twyla the "Pretty Lights"


 Austin & me on the balcony. I love his hands in his pockets!


 Austin with all of his cousins on the Hendrix side




Austin & Tyson. They're only 5 months apart.


This was the first time that Austin has had his own seat on an airplane. He was so good on both flights. He's watching "Cars" & I can't believe how grown up he looks!



4 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

So fun!!! You look so cute and what a fun trip with the family!!!

Ashley said...

Looks like a fun trip!! You look great Amber!

Justin and Liz said...

AMBER! So, I NEVER am on the computer any more. This is the first time in like a year I have sat down and looked at blogs. You moved? Where are you now? Not Utah, that's for sure, we do not have palm trees like that!:) Also, CONGRATS and the baby boy in September! That is so exciting! We are having #3 in December. We are so excited! The boys have been asking for a baby for years. They finally got what they asked for. We are not going to find out what it is. I want it to be a surprise.:) I sure do miss you! Wish that house was in Utah!
Love ya!

The Pearson's said...

Looks like you guys had a great time in St Geo and Vegas! I must have just missed you in Utah and Vegas ;). I was home visiting and I was at Tuacahn too! I LOVED The Little Mermaid! Congrats on the new house, baby and all! You're beautiful!