Sunday, December 12, 2010
The Christmas Spirit!
On Friday night we went to Old Sacramento to watch the Theatre of Lights. Old Town was all decorated for Christmas and they had Christmas music playing in the streets. Nothing gets me in the Christmas spirit like Christmas music. I love it! From a balcony on one of the oldest buildings in Old Sacramento, a Mark Twain puppet talked about what Christmas was like in Sacramento in the 1850s and then read aloud the poem, "Twas the Night Before Christmas." They had live actors acting out the poem with music and lights. Austin was in awe the whole time and kept waving and saying "hi" to Santa Claus. We all loved it so much that we went back with our friend Stella to watch it on Saturday night too!
The big Christmas Tree in Old Sacramento. It lit up during the poem to help tell parts of the story. You can see the mouse lit up at the top along with the stockings and sugar plums.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Christmas will be SO much fun for you guys this year! Will you wake Austin or just let him get up on his own? I wake mine up about 6 a.m.! and Christmas Vacation is THE best movie EVER!!!
Wow! I didn't know old town Sac had this program! Pretty cool! Looks like fun! I'm excited because our boys are going to understand more of "Christmas" this year than they did last year. When do you leave for Utah?
Post a Comment