







Lately he gets impatient when I'm trying to do something for him such as filling up his sippy cup. He started whining & crying for me to do it so I started saying, "No, that's not how we act. You say, Please? and then mom will say, You got it, babe!" So now whenever he wants something he says, "Please? You got it babe!" It is REALLY hard to say no after that!
One day Luke must have done something great because I said, "Dad's the man!" Later the next day we were leaving the store & I had just realized how late it was. I said, "Oh man!" Austin replied from the back seat, "Dadda's the man!"
When he asks where Luke is & I say he is at work he says, "Dadda's a hard worker."
When we ask him if he loves mom or dad or Barkley or another friend or family member he says, "I do!"
When we ask him if he loves mom or dad or Barkley or another friend or family member he says, "I do!"
If he wants something I say, "It's gonna cost ya!" He knows that it means that I want a kiss so he always puckers up!
One day I was driving home from Luke's office when some guy cut me off. I yelled, "Are you kidding me? Good grief!" Now anytime someone says, "Are you kidding me?" Austin says, "Good grief!" I'm so glad that I didn't use any choice words that day!
One day I was driving home from Luke's office when some guy cut me off. I yelled, "Are you kidding me? Good grief!" Now anytime someone says, "Are you kidding me?" Austin says, "Good grief!" I'm so glad that I didn't use any choice words that day!
He loves music & whenever a song gets over he says, "That's a good song!"
He loves to play hide and seek. He says, "Where are you?" And if we startle him he says, "Did I scare you?"
Whenever he falls down he says that he got bucked off.
He loves to read books. Lately we'll sit on the couch and read and as soon as we finish a book he runs into his room saying, "Hurry! Get another one!" We've read quite a few books over & over and he has some of them memorized. He flips through them himself & reads them out loud. It is hilarious! His memory amazes me.
It is really amazing to see him learn & develop. There are things that we have specifically taught him, but what amazes me are the things that he learns on his own. It makes me more mindful of the example I am setting. I don't remember ever teaching him to say excuse me, but if he ever burps or needs to get by and we are in the way he says, "Excuse me."
He knows his colors and recognizes letters as being the abc's. We were eating lunch at a cafe the other day & the special was written on a chalk board. He walked up to it, pointed & said, "Abc's."
He loves all of his cousins! Because we live out of state he has only seen them a few times, but when we show him pictures he knows them all by name.
When we ask him what Santa Clause says he says, "Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas Tree!"
Whenever he is cuddling his stuffed animals or wants to give someone a love he says, "Ooohh." He is such a sweet little boy. He definitely has his dad's laid back personality. He is so friendly and loves everyone. We're so thankful to have him in our lives. We can't imagine life without him!
4 comments:
He is the cutest little guy! Such a sweetie! Can't wait to see him again! I thought the pictures were great, Amber. You did a super job!
Holy cow, he looks so big sitting on that chain fence! I can't believe the long sentences he is saying!! I love the "you got it babe" story -- I'll have to try that one with Davis!
I can't believe how big he is! I also can't believe how smart he is! Casey and I were talking about you and I was tell him how your post was saying everything Austin says. He's one smart kiddo. WE all say hi. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
We love Austin!! He is a very smart kid! You are doing an awesome job Amber! Also, yeah for Nursery!!! Hopefully he is going ok...Kade still cries for us all the time.
Post a Comment