Friday, January 7, 2011

Back Home for the Holidays

Now that Luke is finished with school & working full time, he doesn't get the entire month of December off. :( Austin & I flew out to Utah and then Luke drove out a week later. We spent the first week of our trip with my family down in Price & Cleveland. My family usually draws names for Christmas, but this year we wanted to do something different. Instead of presents, we spent time together instead. We spent the weekend at a cabin just outside of Park City. It was a memorable trip to say the least! :) My brother Davey & his family were on their way up Saturday morning when they took a wrong turn and got stuck in his truck. They were stranded for a couple of hours before my brother-in-law Dusten could get to them. He tried to pull them out & he got stuck! They finally got Dusten's truck unstuck and made it to the cabin. When the tow truck finally came the next afternoon to pull out Davey's truck, he got stuck trying to get them out! Poor Dusten & Davey spent their entire cabin trip trying to get trucks out of the snow. I bet it will be a long time before they ever want to see a snow shovel again. ;)



Dining table


Kitchen


The bedroom that Austin & I stayed in.


The loft had a pool table & a foosball table.


There was a ton of snow!


This is the deck that wraps all the way around the cabin.


My brother and his family. They had the best attitudes about being stuck! They just hung out and watched DVDs.


Davey & Chelsey after finally making it to the cabin!


Harli, Austin, & Kanyen playing foosball.


We had fun playing games together.


Austin


Austin & me. Look how high the snow is outside of the sliding glass door!


The kids thought it was so fun to play in the shower.


My sister Shannon hosts a ginger bread party every year for all of the nieces & nephews in our family. This year they made them out of graham crackers & frosting instead of using the pre made kits & it was so much fun!





Chelsey, DeDe, Me, Austin, & Shannon at the party.


Austin & his cousin Kanyen.


The kiddos!


Austin, me, my dad, & my mom.


Kanyen & Austin hiding behind the couch.


I love his cheesy grin!


Shannon & I stayed up late one night making these super cute cookies using her edible ink printer. They are the cutest cookies that I have ever seen!


A few of my girl friends & I got together. It was so much fun to just sit and talk & get caught up. Lindsay hosted this time & she made such a yummy dinner for us! We just sat & visited and the kids played until almost midnight. :)




Santa Claus always makes an appearance at Grandma Twyla's house during the Christmas Eve party.


Austin sitting on Santa's lap.


Luke finally made it into town on the afternoon of Christmas Eve!


Austin playing with the basketball hoop that Santa gave him.


Showing dad how he dunks it. :)


Playing with his new train set




Barkley is so funny to watch on Christmas! He knew which presents were his underneath the tree! He pulled one out & started opening it. I went to grab it from him thinking it was for someone else and sure enough, it had his name on it!


Danny & Twyla always cook a yummy breakfast on Christmas morning. Twyla makes pull apart bread & Danny cooks sausage & scrambled eggs, and grits. We look forward to it every year!


It snowed over 14" a few days after Christmas!


Austin checking out all the snow


Austin playing with his cousin Tyson.


Austin reading to Grandpa Danny.


Grandma Twyla singing Jingle Bells with Austin.


Our family on New Year's Eve.


Here is a video of Austin after opening all of his presents from Santa Claus.

5 comments:

THE IVERSON"S said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip! Thats funny that your rather in law kept getting stuck. That always has to happen to at least one member of the party lol. Im so glad we were able to se you guys!! Miss you already.

Ashley said...

Looks like you all had a great Christmas!! Austin is so cute!! I wish we were closer so Kade and him could play! The cabin looks like it was really nice. And how fun that Santa always comes to Grandma Twyla's house. Merry Christmas!! Miss you guys!

Elizabeth said...

So fun -- glad you had a great Christmas! I can't believe Austin didn't have a basketball hoop yet -- I thought for sure Luke would have taken care of that months ago! Davis loves his and likes to say "dunk" when he puts the ball in the "hoop." You will love having that hoop! And I'm way impressed that you flew with Austin by yourself. I am too chicken to do that! Davis is a little grumpy on planes...

Anonymous said...

It was such a great Christmas. I still think Austin's comments about his toys is priceless.

Jo Lynn said...

Looved this post Amber, way cute pictures and wow the snow..oh my heavens! That cabin is beautiful and looks like Christmas was so fun!