Saturday, October 17, 2009

Vacation back home!

With Luke being so busy with school, Austin & I flew out to Utah for a two week vacation. It was Austin's first time on an airplane. I was so nervous to take him myself! He did great though. He only fussed for a few minutes until I stood up in the aisle and held him to sleep.

My sister DeDe picked us up from the airport & we spent the first few days with her family in Kemmerer, Wyoming. They moved to Kemmerer the same week that we moved to Sacramento so we haven't had a chance to spend much time together. It was so fun to just sit and visit like we used to! She even got me started on Austin's first scrapbook!

We had a chance to stay with Luke's parents in Salt Lake for a few days. Even though we missed Luke, we had so much fun spending time with them. They completely spoiled us and made us feel right at home. I am so lucky to have such wonderful in-laws!

We spent the last part of our trip with my family in Price & Cleveland. It was so good to go back home. Austin had so much fun with his cousins. It was great to see everyone again. The time just goes by too fast!


Austin & his cousin Kadie


Kaden & Austin


Austin saw snow for the first time because it snowed while we were in Kemmerer! I knew it would be cold in Wyoming so I packed us some warm clothes, but I didn't think I needed to pack Austin a snow suit! This is my niece Korrin shoveling a pathway in the snow for the dogs.

Austin loving on his Grandma Twyla

Austin had his first taste of baby food while we were on vacation. We put him in a high chair and fed him some sweet potatoes. He LOVED them! He couldn't get enough! He kept opening his mouth and wanting more! He didn't ever spit them out or pull faces.


Wish I could say the same about the green beans. He HATED them. I think the look on his face pretty much sums it up.


Austin & his cousin Maya


Playing with some toys in Grandma Twyla's basement


He has been getting on all fours and rocking back and fourth, thinking about crawling, but not quite taking off just yet.


My parents kissing on Austin


Austin & his cousin Harli, who is just three months younger




Austin, me, my grandma, my sister Shannon & Harli

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm glad you were able to make it to Price to see your family. It was so fun to see you -- I'm glad we were able to get together! Austin is a cutie -- and so good at rolling -- I'm very impressed!

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to have you and Austin visit us. We really missed Luke but sure enjoyed the two of you. You will have to do that again. We can hardly wait for Christmas!

Ashley said...

Looks like you had a great trip!! Austin is getting so big!! :)

Nancy said...

These pictures are all so nice to see Amber. Thank you for keeping up with your blog. I love it~ You're a wonderful niece.
Love, Aunt Nancy