Monday, October 19, 2009

6 Months Old!

Austin is 1/2 year old already! Where does the time go?! He had a couple of firsts this month. He flew on an airplane for the first time. He & I went to Utah for a couple of weeks while Luke was really busy with school. He started eating solid foods this month and loves sweet potatoes and squash, but HATES green beans. I can't really blame him. I LOVE green beans, but the pureed beans in a jar do not look appetizing. He started sitting up on his own this month. He is getting on all fours and rocking back and fourth, thinking about crawling. Even without crawling he sure knows how to get around! He can maneuver all over the place by rolling & army crawling, inching his way to get what he is after. He is so active and doesn't like to sit still.

He started sleeping really well this month, with the exception of a few nights on vacation. I read the book, "Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child" and it worked wonders! I highly recommend it. Austin now sleeps from about 8:00 pm - 8:00 am. (I still get up and feed him around 5ish, but he goes right back to sleep afterward.) I am sad to say that Austin had another first while we were on vacation. I thought he was getting sick because he wasn't sleeping well and waking up about every hour crying. I put him in bed with me to feed him and at 4am I heard a loud thud followed by Austin screaming. He had fallen off the bed! I felt horrible! I swore that I would never put my baby on the bed when he started rolling over for that very reason and sure enough - after I dozed off he fell! He was ok and only cried for a minute, but I felt awful! Lesson learned.

I have loved every minute of motherhood. Everything Austin does and every new thing that he learns just amazes me. He has the sweetest little personality and he makes every day so much FUN!






I had to post this photo. He stuck his tounge out at me right as I was snapping the picture!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

So Cute!!! Wow!! He is getting ready to crawl! That's awesome! Now you really have to start baby proofing the house!

The O'Neils said...

Crawling! Oh my that sounds so exciting and scary at the same time! I'm so glad you got to come home to visit for a bit. He is such a cutie!