It says, "The days are long but the years are short." There are plenty of long days when you are raising children. I look back at times with Austin when we had difficult days and stages. When I was super pregnant with Teague, Austin was going through a phase where he wouldn't nap. He would just mess around in his room or come downstairs and I would have to put him back in his room over a dozen times. I would call Luke in tears because I was so exhausted from fighting with him about his much needed nap. At the time it was such a big deal and seemed like we would never get over that hurdle. Now I look back and miss him being that little. I would give anything to have him be just 2 again.
Anyway, it inspired me to blog more often. About every day moments, including the times when they are in their jammies and their hair is crazy. I have a tendency to only post the pictures of the boys when their hair is combed, they are dressed, and the house isn't too messy in the background. But the real, everyday pictures are my favorite.
In February, Luke had a conference in Arizona for two nights. Stella came over and she and the boys and I had a camp out. She brought her tent and set it up inside. Austin thought it was the coolest thing ever! She is so creative and went all out with the camping theme. We put all of our treats inside a cooler next to the tent. She set up chairs for the boys and we ate dinner on paper plates. We cut up a bunch of fruit and ate it with bread, peanut butter, and nutella. When Aust saw everything set up on the table he said, "This looks heck-a-good, brotha!" It really is the small things that make life great. After dinner Stella made us smores with marshmallow peeps.
Teague in his camping chair
Of course we couldn't have a camp out without Austin's favorite friends!
Stella even slept all night in the tent with Austin. When they got up she made Mickey Mouse pancakes, Austin's favorite!
Austin has recently started making his own bed. Here is a picture of the very first time he made his bed all by himself. He does a great job!
Teague the stud
He LOVES to be outside. He wants to be outside from the second he wakes up. He loves to push anything. He is usually busy pushing his lawn mower, his car, or his shopping cart.
Here he is pushing Austin on his car.
We have these little plastic tongs that go to a play grill we have outside. Teague always puts them around his neck. It's so funny!
Shooting some hoops in the backyard.
My handsome boys getting ready to work in the yard. They thought they were pretty cool to wear ball shorts and no shirt like dad. :)
Austin loves to play baseball. He is good at it, too! We can't play in the backyard because he hits the ball over the fence. Luke pitches it to him in the front yard and he can sock it clear across the road onto the neighbor's front lawn!
Playing their guitars. Luke plays a few songs on his guitar that play on the radio. Whenever one of those songs comes on the radio, Teague stops and says, "Dada."
Austin putting on a concert for us.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment