Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Teague Turns One!

I can't believe our little baby is already 1! This year has just went by way too fast. It doesn't seem like that long ago we were bringing him home for the first time. I miss him being a newborn. I miss holding him while he sleeps, and I miss him sleeping with us in our bed. But, as he gets older, I love all of the stages we get to go through with him.

He is such a big boy now! He can crawl up and down the stairs all by himself. He knows a few animal sounds like what the cow, dog, monkey, and lion says. He says "hi!" in the cutest little high pitch tone when you walk into the room. He can say "ball." Like Austin, he is obsessed with balls. He will point to anything that is round and say, "ball." He can say, "ba ba" when he sees or wants his bottle. He used to say, "Mama" and a couple of times he even said it in context. He LOVES his daddy! He says "Dada" constantly and always smiles and laughs when Luke gets home. He loves to get into the cupboards and tear everything out. He knows exactly which cupboards do not have safety latches yet. He loves to splash & play in Barkley's water dish and he loves making a huge mess by playing in the soil of our big plant. He is getting to the stage where Austin really loves to play with him. He asks if Teague can play in the toy room with him. They'll sit and play together for hours. It melts our hearts to walk upstairs and find them playing together in the same room. We look forward to many more precious moments with our boys!



Newborn Teague


Teague on the morning of his birthday


He loves crepes! They are his favorite, so I made him some for his birthday breakfast.








 With inspiration from Pinterest, I chose to decorate in orange and aqua.





Instead of making a cake, I made cupcakes and cookie pops. They were a hit with the kids! And maybe with the adults, too. ha


I made a banner of Teague month by month from birth to one year.







It was fun to watch him eat his very own cupcake!





He wore quite a bit of it!


He was feeling extra generous and wanted to share with Barkley, too. ;)


Stella and the boys



He was a pro at opening his presents! They were all in gift bags. It was so cute to watch him poke his head in and see what was in the bag. He got spoiled. He had such a great day. We all had fun celebrating with him. A big Thank You to everyone who helped make his day special!


1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yay!! Happy Birthday Teague!! :) Love the orange and aqua, love the banner, love the cookie pops, love everything!! :)