We celebrated Valentine's Day this year the way I wanted to celebrate last year. I wanted to make some cookie pops & surprise Luke at his office last year, but I was so sick from pregnancy that even though I had made the dough, the mere thought of rolling it out made me want to barf. We spent Valentine's Day last year in the hospital for dehydration, and then hit up Taco Bell on the way home. Totally not romantic, but memorable to say the least.
Aust helped me make & decorate sugar cookies the day before Valentine's. On Vday morning, we made Luke a cookie pop bouquet, and surprised him at his office. It's always fun to drop in and see Luke at work because we don't do it very often. He was really surprised & had fun seeing the boys.
Luke's cookie bouquet
Aust had fun eating the cookies. He was my taste tester. His lips are super red from the frosting!
Surprising dad at work
Luke & Teague
My handsome boys in their Valentine's Day outfits, compliments of Grandma Twyla.
This year I wanted to plan something special for Luke. Since Teague is still so small & nursing, I didn't want to get a babysitter, and I really don't like going out on Valentine's Day anyway. Restaurants are packed, the wait time is insane, and they're so busy that I don't feel that you get very good service. I wanted to cook a nice dinner, but since I cook dinner every night, I wanted to do something to make it special. I let Austin skip his nap & put him to bed early so that we could have a romantic dinner. I decorated with white Christmas lights & candles. Kinda cheesy, but it was fun & made it feel different; not just a regular Tuesday night dinner.
I made "Pizza Factory" bread sticks. I didn't serve mine as fancy as they do, but they were so good that they are now a staple at dinner time!
I found a recipe online for Chicken Renee. It was good, but nothing that I am dying to make again.
This, however, is a different story. I found the copycat recipe for Applebee's, "Blondie" & it was so good that we both ate ourselves sick!



1 comment:
WOW! You are AMAZING!! Looks awesome! So, were did you find the breadsticks recipe? I found one on Pinterest I haven't tried yet, didn't know if that is where you found it. You are such a good wifey!!
Post a Comment