Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's a bird...it's a plane..it's a...

Turkey! On our roof! A few weeks ago, on February 12th, Luke went out in the backyard to check on Barkley. He saw our neighbor outside and started up a friendly conversation. Luke asked him how he was doing & what he was up to. Our neighbor responded, "Oh I'm just looking at the turkey on your roof." Luke thought he was joking until he pointed out the huge turkey walking around on our roof. Austin got a kick out of it. We spotted him wandering our neighborhood for about a week, but haven't seen him since.


You can barely make him out on the top of our roof in front of the trees. 


 His close-up


 He kept running from the front to the back of our house. Every time I tried to get a picture of him, he would take off to the other side.

 
After a couple of hours, he eventually flew off of our roof and onto the neighbor's roof. I was a little nervous to walk outside because I am terrified of chickens, peacocks, and now turkeys. I'm basically afraid of anything that can attack you with a beak & some talons. :)



1 comment:

Ashley said...

What!? A Turkey! How random is that? That is crazy and hilarious at the same time!!