Teague decided to wake up at 6:00 this morning. We were both awake until 7:30 & after going to bed way too late last night, I was exhausted & just wanted to sleep. Austin woke up & came in my room at 9:00. I told him that he could watch a movie on his dvd player that I had set up for him on the kitchen table. I fell back to sleep & woke up to Aust coming back in my room at 9:30 to get puppy. He had a mouth FULL of chocolate. I asked him what he was eating & he said, "Candy." I got up & followed him in the kitchen to find this:
I said, "Aust, what in the world? How much candy did you eat?" He said, "Mom, I was getting that chocolate triangle for you!" It made me laugh. I told him to go pee in the potty & then I would get him some yogurt that he was requesting. He said, "I already peed in the potty upstairs. And I pooped in the potty & wiped my buns & I got my step stool, came downstairs, & got a chocolate triangle." He was so animated when he was telling me this & was obviously on a sugar high. I noticed another wrapper on the table & said, "Well it looks like you ate a starburst too." He said, "Ya, and some whoppers & some pez!"
The whole situation made me laugh. I wasn't even mad that he had helped himself to a ton of candy for breakfast. The candy box used to be safe on the higher shelf. I had no idea that he was tall enough to reach it with his step stool. It made me realize how big he is getting. He had went to the bathroom without me reminding him, turned on a movie, & put on his headphones all by himself. I get really sappy when it comes to my kids. I know how fast the time goes & how quickly they grow from one stage to the next. Sometimes Aust will be talking to me & I just stare at him thinking about how he is only going to be this short little boy with a cute little voice & a childlike imagination for one more blink of an eye. It is that thought that gets me through the times when he won't go to bed and keeps hollering at me to come back in his room to give him one more kiss, or to cover him up for the fifth time, or when I catch him eating a box full of candy for breakfast. I know that one day I am going to look back & really miss these days.
3 comments:
Hahaha! That is hilarious!! Yes, you will definitely have to remember these days! Good thing you wrote it down! I think it's so funny too how silly he gets on a sugar high!
Yes, Amber, in the blink of an eye they are all grown up, so cherish those special "candy for breakfast" or pottying all by themselves, or "Kiss me for the 5th time", cause you're right, they grow up WAY TOO FAST, as you did.......... I love all the new pictures, the little stories and the cute cute way you put things. I have not even met your two boys and love them already......Take care because I Love and Miss you so much. I think of you guys all the time.
You do SUCH A GREAT job by keeping your blog up to date.........Thank you so much. It helps me know the family from far far away.......... Love you guys, Aunt Nancy
Yes Amber, you are really right about the kids growing and they are ALL grown up in a blink of an eye. Nothing lasts forever so cherish those little things they do that make us love them even more every day. Soon they will have kids of their own and you will be a greandparent......Time does NOT stand still for anyone. We love you guys and continue to love these special times you share with us on your blog.....I miss you. Give those little boys hugs from me. I hope some day to get to come out to CA again and be with you guys for a short time. Love you so much.........
Post a Comment