Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day

I knew that Luke had so many great qualities when I married him, but I was able to see a whole other side of him when we adopted our first baby, Barkley. Luke has such a tender heart for animals, especially dogs. He has always been so good to Barkley. A couple of months ago Luke had been super busy in school and needed a break. So, on Saturday, he only had an hour to himself and was going to take a scooter ride to relax. He grabbed his helmet and on his way out the door, he looked at Barkley and those puppy dog eyes, and instead of taking his scooter ride, he took Barkley to the park.

I have gotten to know an even better side of Luke since Austin was born. There were plenty of nights when he would wake up and feed Austin or spend time rocking him back to sleep. I love watching them play together. I have watched his bond with Austin grow each month. Seeing what a great dad Luke is has only made me love him even more! Happy Father's Day Luke!





Austin's first beach trip




Austin dancing while Luke plays the guitar


Right before church on Father's Day 2010

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luke is a great dad! He has a great dad who set such a good example for him and it is so wonderful to see him following in his father's footsteps.