Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Home for the Holidays

We packed up the car and drove out to Utah for Thanksgiving and stayed until the New Year! (Luke had to fly back to Sacramento for a couple of weeks during finals.) We had so much fun spending time with family and friends. I apologize to anyone that we didn't get to spend time with. Six weeks is a long time to visit, but when you split time between two families and you only get to see them a couple of times a year, it is hard to fit everyone in.

We had such an awesome time. I'm so thankful that we were able to spend the holidays at home. It was hard to leave! Getting back to real life was hard, although it was nice to come back to 50 degree weather as opposed to 20!

Thank you Danny, Twyla, Shannon & DeDe for letting us stay with you! We had the best time and appreciate you all so much!

Here
are some random photos of our trip:

Austin & his cousin Anna on Thanksgiving day. I just love his expression in this picture!



Watching the BYU vs. Utah game with his cousins


Me, Austin & my sister DeDe at her house in Kemmerer


Austin and his cousin Tyson who is five months older

Playing games with Luke's family on New Year's

My siblings & I threw my dad a surprise retirement party on January 2nd. It was so much fun! He was so surprised! He retired from Savage on December 31, 2009 after 40 years of working. 40 years! What a huge accomplishment! My sister Shannon prepared a mexican buffet because it is my dad's favorite food. It was delicious! It was the perfect way to wrap up our vacation. Congratulations Dad! Enjoy every minute of retirement!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I love how you always keep your blog up Amber.... You are so special and have such a GREAT family. Thanks for always sharing part of your life with us.....Love you always.

Kristyn said...

Hey Amber! (I'm way behind... this is the first time I've gotten on any blogs since before Christmas.) It was so much fun seeing you guys and letting Tyson and Austin play together. Next time they will be running around. :)