Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Monterey

We spent labor day weekend in Monterey with Luke's parents. Last year Luke & I went to Monterey in June and it was so cold! A friend of ours told us that the best time to go is in September or October. The weather was perfect this time and it is so beautiful there. We stayed in a hotel about two blocks away from the beach. We hung out on Cannery Row and ate yummy seafood at Old Fisherman's Wharf. We drove along 17 Mile Drive and saw beautiful homes and golf courses. Aside from eating really good food, I think the best thing we did was visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It is a huge, beautiful aquarium filled with sea creatures and lots of fun things to do for kids. We'll definitely go back when Austin gets a little older.


Thank You Danny and Twyla for such an amazing weekend! We sure enjoyed your visit!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Was the aquarium packed? I was looking into going on a field trip there but they said they have a year long waiting list!! The 17 mile drive is awesome! I went when I was in Monterey for a teacher conference two years ago.

Kristyn said...

Glad you guys had a good time. It looks beautiful. That is a place I've always wanted to go.