Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Growing Belly......

With only two months left to go, I thought I would post pictures of my growing belly! Sure, it would be nice if it was only my belly that was growing, but I am definitely not one of those blessed pregnant women who only carry their pregnancy in their stomach. I am so excited to have a new addition to the family on the way, but pregnancy is soooo much different than I thought it would be! I always used to say, "I am going to love being pregnant." When a friend of ours was two months along and throwing up all of the time, Luke said to me, "Are you sure that is what you want to look forward to?" My reply was, "I don't care if I'm sick, I'll just be so excited that I'm pregnant." So, of course, when I was a couple of months along and suffering from "morning sickness" Luke turned to me & said, "But babe, I thought you wouldn't care if you were sick?"

I am completely amazed at how much my body has changed at such a rapid pace. I had no idea how hard it was going to be to find clothes that fit & how much I look forward to coming home & putting on one of Luke's shirts! It's kind of funny how difficult it is to bend over and tie my own shoes! It is hard to breathe & I haven't been sleeping through the night for a couple of months now. (I know, I know.....I better get used to it =) As hard as it is to be pregnant, I will admit the one thing I love about it - feeling the baby move. He is really active. He's getting big enough that sometimes I can even see my stomach move when he moves. It is amazing! Pregnancy has definitely given me a greater appreciation for my mom, who has done this 6 times!



7 comments:

Christy said...

You look great even as a pregnant lady! It is definitely a unique, one of kind experience. Feeling that baby move is the ONE and only part of being pregnant that I miss. Good luck with you impending arrival! We are anxious to meet him!

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures (and that you've been so good at taking one every month -- I think we've only got a couple of me, mostly at Christmas). You look fabulous! I especially love your hair in the last picture. Feeling the baby move is getting a little old to me (although it is quite reassuring to feel it), but I still get a kick out of seeing my belly move!

Nancy said...

Amber, I just loved looking at all those pictures of you Pg. You are so........beautiful! I was happy to see Luke in the one picture on the pier too. He is definately a BIG part of this little guys life. It is so much easier with the baby in your belly than you can ever imagine. It is a whole different ball game out there once the little one comes. It certainly is NOT like having to pack up Barkley and taking him with you. There are a lot more things that will be needed for the family and a lot more time will need to be alloted to go anywhere! I am sure you will do fine and adjust well. I love you and Luke. I am sending my love to Barkley too.

Papa Bob said...

Too Cute! I love the pictures.

Justin and Liz said...

Yeah! You posted pictures! Thanks!! You look so cute! I LOVED being pregnant both times! It is always so fun to feel them move and roll. It is a little strange when you get a pointy little elbow poking out of your side, but so amazing!
Sure miss you! It has been WAY to long!
Love ya!

Kristyn said...

Such a cute belly! I think you look amazing! Hope you are feeling good and getting as much sleep as possible. Hang in there, just weeks away. April is coming so fast! We can't wait (probably not as much as you guys).

Anonymous said...

I know you don't believe me, but Amber, you look great! I am glad you posted pictures of your belly, and good for you for taking one every month! I loved feeling Macie move inside of me, except when she would stretch and kick up and down at the same time. Now that she is here and I watch her stretch it's like "so that's what you were doing in there..." I'm so exctied for you guys. Good luck!