Saturday, May 11, 2013

Pink or Blue...

The day after Austin's birthday, Luke & I went to my ultrasound appointment. The ultrasound tech was looking at all of the baby's organs and parts. She would type on the screen what she was looking at, like the face, or hands, or the heart. She said she wanted to be 100% sure of the baby's gender before telling us if it was a boy or a girl. About 30 minutes into the ultrasound she typed on the screen, "I am a princess." I started crying because I was so happy! I love my boys so much and would've been thrilled to have another boy. This pregnancy has made us realize that three kids is a good number for us. Boy or girl, I think we are calling it good at three. So, having a girl just makes us feel more like our family is complete.

We stopped at the store on the way home to get a pink balloon. Danny and Twyla were here so it was so fun to be able to tell some of our family members in person! We were telling them the story about the tech typing, "I am a princess" on the screen. Ever since then, Austin has been telling people that he is having a baby sister and that we're going to have a princess. We are so happy to be expecting a baby girl. It will be so fun to incorporate some pink into our blue house! Her expected arrival date is September 6, 2013.

20 Weeks


4 comments:

things we love... said...

Oh I am dying with excitement!!!! Eeeeeeek!!!!!!! You look so gorgeous and amazing! I miss you!!!!

Ashley said...

You look awesome Amber!! Yay for PINK! :)

Nancy said...

I love you Amber and am so happy for you . Love Aunt Nancy

Kalee Harwood said...

AMBER!!!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you to have a little princess! we love girls around here!