I can't believe this little babe is ALREADY three! We never really had the "terrible twos" with Austin. In fact, it was such a fun age that I would always say, "Will you stay two forever?" Aust would always answer, "Yes", so it just isn't fair that he turned three...
Like a lot of kids, Austin loves balloons, so the night before his birthday we tied balloons onto the staircase. When he woke up on his birthday, the rest of us were still in bed. I am so glad that I woke up just in time to hear him say, "Wow! Wow!" as he was coming down the stairs. It was my favorite part of his day. I loved that just a few balloons gave him a magical start to his special day.
Like the rest of our family, he loves Johnny Rockets. His Grandma Twyla flew in to spend his birthday with us. He is such a lucky kid! Luke picked her up from the airport & we all got to eat lunch with Aust on his birthday. Our waitress gave him balloons and an ice cream sunday to celebrate.
We let him open his presents before his friends came over for his party.
Of course Barkley had to help him open them!
We gave him a scooter & when he opened it he said, "Oh! I like this!"
He has loved the movie "Car's" for at least a year now, so we decorated in a Car's theme.
I found some cute ideas for Car's themed food from Pinterest. Yes, I am addicted to Pinterest. :)
I stacked chocolate donuts to look like "Luigi's tires." Stella had the idea to attach the label to the stack with a straw. They were a hit with the kiddos! We made race cars out of apple slices, grapes & toothpicks. We also made "dipsticks" with carrot & celery slices in a cup.
We served PB&J's for the kids that were cut out with a race car cookie cutter.
I found Car's themed scrapbook paper at a local scrapbook store. I cut out the different characters and glued them onto the front of the water bottles.
We have used the same "Happy Birthday" banner from the dollar store every birthday for almost 7 years now. This year I wanted to make my own so it would be more personal. I don't know how to sew, so I made a paper bunting banner from scrapbook paper. I don't have a Cricut or a Silhouette, or any other of those amazing vinyl cutting tools, so I went to the local scrapbook store & had them cut out the black letters for me. The ladies at "The Stamper's Corner" in Elk Grove will forever have my business. I got there 15 minutes before closing & they stayed late to cut out the letters I needed.
Opening his presents from his friends. I only had one activity for them to do & that was Car's Bingo. They had fun just playing with toys and running around in the backyard.
It's tradition for me to make the birthday cake. I really need to make them more often so I can get quicker at it. Or maybe I just shouldn't wait until 10:00 the night before the birthday to start on it. :) The cake pan was so small that of course I underestimated how much time it would take. I was just happy that Aust could tell it was Lightning McQueen.
He had such a great birthday! I always tease that you get to celebrate your "birthday week", not just your actual birthday. That was so true for Aust this year. He got packages and cards in the mail all week long, so it was like celebrating all over again.
My parents sent him a gift card & instead of picking out a couple small things, we decided to get him this bike! I know, he got SO spoiled this year! He loves to play outside & he has just about outgrown his tricycle. We took a walk around the neighborhood & let him ride his bike. The whole time he kept saying how much fun he was having. It was cute!
Then for his birthday, Stella took him shopping to pick out a helmet to wear when he rides his bike. Of course he picked out the Car's helmet. :)
I think he really did have the best birthday ever. I'm glad he had so much fun celebrating. He got the shaft last year because he had impetigo. This year he was healthy & happy! Thank you to everyone who thought of him & helped make his day special!



2 comments:
Love, Love, Love it!!! You did such an awesome job Amber! Kade and Austin are such twins... they both love cars, had a cars birthday, got bikes for their present, and they both picked out the Cars helmet! :) Now, we just have to figure out how they are going to go for bike rides together. By the way, you look amazing too! I love the dark hair!
I think Austin had a great birthday and you did a great job, Mom! I was thrilled to be there to celebrate with him.
Post a Comment