Friday, October 7, 2011

Teague's First Two Weeks at Home

I love love love having a newborn in the house again! I forgot how tiny & cuddly they are! I love that I get to hold him while he sleeps. My favorite thing is when he falls to sleep on my shoulder with his little bum poking out while I'm burping him. I love his little milk face after he eats & I love his little lips that poke out while he's stretching. Adjusting to life with two kids has been easier than I thought it would be. Teague has made it easy on us because he is such a good baby. He is a great sleeper & hardly ever makes a peep. He has been sleeping so well at night that earlier this week I got mastitis from not feeding him frequently enough! I was so sick for two days. Luckily, Luke stayed home from work & took care of us. He really is the best dad & husband that I could ask for! Other than the mastitis bout, one of the biggest adjustments for me has been sharing my attention between two kids, instead of just one. I had a couple of moments in the first few days of feeling guilty for not being able to give more attention to Austin. He didn't seem to notice because he was having a great time with his dad & his Grandma Dee. We've all adjusted pretty well. We've gotten into a routine & it has made life easier. Austin loves his little brother & with Teague sleeping so much, I still get to have plenty of one on one time with Austin. We all love Teague so much & are so fortunate to have another healthy, happy baby boy!




Two days old




With the help of our friend Stella, Austin gave this duck to Teague. (He has a puppy just like it that he can't live without.) I took this picture because while Teague was sleeping on the couch, Austin put his new ducky next to him. :)




Grandma Dee holding Teague




Aust snuggling with Teague & puppy on the couch.


Two weeks old




Aust kissing his brother


I took a few of these pictures at home because I wanted some newborn photos of him sleeping. When we took him to get his newborn pictures done he was awake the whole time! :)

3 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

Oh my gosh, doesn't that make Austin look like such a big boy when he's next to his baby brother??? Oh so sweet, love all these pictures! Oh I so can't wait to come snuggle him and I'm so glad the adjustment is going well, just bummed you got mastitis twice and I agree it's prob. cuz he's sleeping so much! Love you!

Ashley said...

What a sweet little boy!! So cute Amber! Ouch! Sorry about the mastitis!! :(

Nancy said...

Oh Amber, you just NEVER cease to amaze me with keeping up with your blog and posting up to date pictures for all of us to see. You have done a fabulous job, AGAIN, with the "First Two Weeks at Home" with Teague. I can certainly see little Austin LOVES, loves, loves his brother and You do too. What a GREAT family you guys have. Let Luke know he has a WONDERFUL wife and mother and I am sure he is just as GREAT of a father....I love you guys. The room is lovely and I LOVE those naked sleeping pictures of little Teague...! It makes me just want to cuddle him right now!