Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Weekend

Since Austin was still contagious with his skin condition, we spent Easter weekend indoors. I took him to the doctor the Monday before Easter & that night Luke gave him a blessing. I am so thankful for the power of the priesthood & for the power of prayer. I am also so grateful for his doctor and for modern day medicine. He slept through the night on Monday for the first time in four days. His skin improved everyday & by Thursday he was back to his normal, happy self. I made him Mickey Mouse pancakes that morning & when he saw them he kissed the plate & said, "Oh hi Mickey Mouse! I love you!" It was so good to see that he was finally feeling better!


We colored Easter eggs on Saturday. Maybe I am still a kid at heart because I look forward to this all year! I must get it from my dad because he colors eggs every year too, even when the kids aren't around. Austin had fun putting stickers on the eggs.




Austin loves music & requests Luke to play his guitar. Of course Austin has to play his too. :)


 Barkley & Austin's Easter baskets


When we got Austin out of his crib on Easter morning I told him that the Easter Bunny probably left something for him. He was so excited to come out of his room & check!


He was so happy & kept thanking the Easter Bunny for his basket of prizes. We saw the Easter Bunny on the news that morning & he kept hugging & kissing him on the T.V! Later that day he said, "That was so fun to have the Easter Bunny & color eggs."




Barkley had a good Easter too. He is as much fun to watch on the holidays as Austin is!


1 comment:

Jo Lynn said...

So cute Amber, I love it!!! I'm totally the same way about coloring eggs, oh my heavens poor Austin with his skin.