Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Best August EVER!

Luke graduated from law school in May and then spent the majority of the summer studying for the California Bar Exam. He took the Bar at the end of July and had the entire month of August off. We didn't get to see much of him while he was studying, so to have him around constantly for a whole month was so awesome! We spent most of the month back home in Utah. Here are a bunch of pictures of what we did:


We spent a few days at this beautiful cabin with Luke's family


The view from the driveway


We had a blast riding 4 wheelers


Grandma Twyla playing with Austin

Tyson, Austin, Maya & Anna playing chess



Austin and all of his cousins on the Hendrix side

I love the look on his face!




Austin & Grandpa Danny

Austin chasing his cousins in Grandma's backyard. Austin had the best time playing with all of his cousins!

Austin became obsessed with airplanes on our trip. Luke's parents live near an airport so we were able to see quite a few of them flying over us everyday. Every time he heard one he wanted to go outside to see it. This is him waving to the airplane. He would see it flying and say, "Bye bye!"

We went to Gardner Village & Austin rode this little pony named Charlie.

We drove up to Idaho and picked green beans on Luke's grandpa's farm so we could can them the next day. I have a new appreciation for farmers and how hard they work!

It was hot at the farm so Luke's uncle brought popsicles for all of the kids. This is Austin eating his first popsicle and he loved it!




Austin playing with his cousin Kanyen

Austin & his cousin Kadie at the Dino Mine Park in Price. He would clap every time he got to the bottom of the slide.


Austin, his cousin Peyton, & me at the Dino Mine Park


Aunt Shannon feeding Harli & Austin some fresh strawberries from her garden


Austin & his Aunt DeDe

Visiting with my parents

We went floating down the Green River with my family

Austin fell asleep in my arms. I loved it because he never lets me hold him to sleep!

We had a blast at the Wave Pool in Price. Austin isn't a big fan of swimming in a float tube, so the shallow water and the fountains at the pool were perfect. He loved it!


This is the Weaver family. Luke met them on his mission in Detroit and has loved them ever since! They recently moved to Delta, Colorado. It's only a three hour drive from Price, so we went to visit them for the day. They are the sweetest family! They cooked Luke his favorite dinner of fried chicken and homemade baked mac-n-cheese. Luke was so excited to see them again & I was excited to finally meet them!


Luke didn't have to start working until after Labor Day, so we spent the last few days of his time off at the beach in Santa Cruz.




I love Austin's little footprints!


On our first day at the beach we saw dolphins and sea lions swimming near the shore! It was amazing! I couldn't time my camera just right to snap a picture of the dolphins, but I did get a couple pictures of this playful sea lion.


Look how close he was to the shore! The guy in this picture went swimming with the sea lion and actually touched him! It was pretty cool to watch.


Hunting for feathers


My two beach bums









4 comments:

THE IVERSON"S said...

AMBER!! Why are you so stinkin GORGEOUS?!? Im glad you got to spend time with Luke. I know how it is having them not there all the time. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I can't wait to visit again.

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh! Austin is getting SO BIG!! And I LOVE your hair dark! We've only been apart 3 months and Austin is already getting so much older! It looks like you guys had a great time. Wish we could have gone to the beach with you guys! :)

Anonymous said...

It was a great August and you guys deserved it. Luke has worked so hard these last 3 and one half years and you Amber, have been there all the time to support him. So glad that you could enjoy that month together and with family.

Jo Lynn said...

OH my goodness I LOVE all the pictures!!! How fun and what a great summer you had,the cabin is awesome and I'm shocked you went down the green river with Austin..I'm guessing it was pretty calm? Great pictures Amber and I love Santa Cruz..I think it's great how much you guys love the beach. Makes me sad summer is coming to an end! Awesome post and I love your hair dark to.