Thursday, September 18, 2008

We're Pregnant!!!

On August 5th we found out that we're pregnant! When I took the test & saw the two pink lines I was incredibly excited! We're expecting our new little one on April 18th, 2009. I'm 10 weeks along and have been sick since week 6! I'm hoping that part passes soon!


It has been so hard keeping it a secret! I was able to announce it to my family when I flew to Utah to see my dad when he had his heart attack. I gave him a little gift bag with a baby bib inside that said, " I love Grandpa". He opened it in front of my family and looked at it and said, "Oh, thanks....it's a little small though." and then he put it back in the bag. Nobody got it! I had to say, "Um, I'm pregnant!" Needless to say, everyone was excited, but we decided that we would keep it simple when we told Luke's family.

8 comments:

Kristyn said...

We are SO excited for you and Luke! Hope you start feeling better soon. Congrats!!

Jen and Mark said...

I am soooo excited for you two! Mark just called and told me! What a cute little babe it will be! And I must say a perfect time to be pregnant. Hope you start feeling better soon! Congrats Again!

Anonymous said...

Amber I am so excited for you guys! You are going to be a great mom. Hang in there with the morning sickness, hopefully it will start to pass soon. Make sure you drink lots of water, that always made me feel better. Good luck!

sarahsmiles said...

Congratulations Luke and Amber! I am so happy for you. Barkely is going to be a great big brother :)

Christy said...

Hurray! That is so exciting. Children definitely add spice and excitement to your life. We are so happy for you and can't wait to meet the newest adorable Hendrix!

kimberly said...

Hi Amber, I found your blog through Kellas. Congratulations!! That is fantastic news. Hope all goes well and you start feeling better real soon.

Nancy said...

Amber & Luke,
I suppose everyone will have a comment and some advice to give you now that you are pregnant! That was a funny story about the bib you gave your dad. I suppose some of us just don't get it!!!!!
You know when you get older, I think we just may start to loose it. I wish the best for you two and Barkley always. I love you. There is not a day goes by I don't think of you guys. I am just so happy we will have another baby in the family to love. I know it will truely be loved by you!
I love and miss you.

Nancy said...

Well, that widget site is kind of cool............Keep up the great work of updating your blog. I enjoy it so much.